Ministry of Health was institutionalized by the Royal KRAM NS/RKM/0196/06, dated 24 January 1996 and Sub-decree 67 ANKr.BK dated 30 April 1996 as the government ministry.
- Cabinet for Minister
Under sub decree Nº 20 ANKr.BK dated 30 April 1996, Cabinet for Minister is responsible for activities as stated in the sub decree.
- Directorate General for Health
Directorate General for Health supervises eight departments with different roles and responsibilities: Department of Planning and Health Information (DPHI), Department of Health Prevention (DHP), Department of Hospital Services (DHS), Department of Human Resource (DHR), Department of Essential Drug and Food (DDF), Department of Communicable Disease Control (DCD), Department of International Cooperation (DIC) and Department of Internal Audit (DIA). Under supervision of Director General and one or more Deputy Director General(s), Directorate General for Health has its roles and responsibility as below:
- Prepare and set to implement the health policies and strategies in order to assist organizations to have quality in both prevention and care of diseases to promote the health of general people.
- Coordinate with public and private health organizations.
- Manage all national health programs.
- Lead and manage all public health organizations.
- Prepare health development plans by skill and technical.
- Communicate and coordinate with international aid to improve the health sector.
- Food safety management.
Directorate of General Health has an international relation bureau to work on programming and organizing of technical assistances such as:
- Finance aid finding.
- Coordinate with bilateral, multilateral and international assistant activities.
- Monitor the missions of experts and advisors.
- Communicate with regional and international organizations.
- Directorate General for Administration and Finance
Directorate General for Administration and Finance has three Departments: Department of Administration (DA), Department of Personnel (DP) and Department of Budget and Finance (DBF). Under supervision of Director General and one or more Deputy Director General(s), the Directorate General for Administration and Finance has its role and responsibilities as below:
- Manages and leads all departments which are under its supervision.
- Coordinates all activities of the departments under supervision of the Ministry of Health with other related organizations and budget, finance, accounting, administration and personnel.
- Evaluates, facilitates, promotes or encourages to organization or individual under supervision of the Ministry of Health.
- Directorate General for Inspection
Directorate General for Inspection is responsible for:
- Inspecting regularly on all departments under the Ministry of Health.
- Reporting to the Minister of Health about the process of departments inspected and the way to improve the process of those departments.
- Implementing the tasks provided by the Minister of Health.