Roles & Responsibilities
Ministry of Health was institutionalized by the Royal KRAM NS/RKM/0196/06, dated 24 January 1996. By seeing the declaration in the Royal KRAM and Sub-decree 67 ANKr.BK Ministry of Health, under the supervision of Minister of Health has been functioning with the roles and responsibilities are outlined as the following:
- Set health policies based on the government’s programs to promote health and people health.
- Plan and organize strategies for health.
- Prepare standard letter to ensure the maximization of public and private health quality.
- Follow-up, monitor and evaluate the administrative and technical works of health organizations regarding the law and standard paper set to be officially implement.
- Find the ways for health development and manage all human resources, equipments, finance and information regarding the public health system at the Headquarter, Provinces/Municipalities/Capital, Districts/Khan, Commune/Sangkat levels.
- Organize medical prevention and care program to remove or reduce diseases existing in the country.
- Coordinate the resources following the needs and to get better results.
- Manage production systems, businesses and drug distribution, medical equipments and medical materials to all public and private organizations.
- Monitor the food safety.